There are some people that wait until it is almost to late to work on their health. While there is no bad time to get into some good health habits, the best time would be before your health was at a crisis point.
I believe in the KISS principle of doing things; Keep It Simple Stupid.
Below are some real simple habits that will yield BIG health gains. The list was provided by Tony O’Donnell in his book, Miracle Red Super Foods that Heal.
- Don’t eat highly processed foods or foods containing chemical preservatives or artificial coloring.
- Don’t eat commercial meat that contains stilbestrol (DES), antibotics, or other chemicals.
- Don’t eat fried foods and don’t use heat-treated oils with preservatives or hydrogenated shortening.
- Don’t eat canned fruits or vegetables. Most are over-sweetened and over-cooked, and most of the nutrients are gone.
- Don’t smoke! Avoid or give up cigarettes completely.
- Don’t drink much alcohol.
- Don’t drink coffee.
- Don’t eat much fat.
- Don’t hold onto the past with resentment, anger, or fear.
- Aim for the following calorie distribution each day:
- 30% in proteins
- 20% in healthy fats
- 50% in unrefined carbohydrates
- Eat lots of fresh foods.
- Eat lots of fresh vegetables.
- Drink lots of green tea.
- Take grape seed extract.
- Take vitamins A, B, C, and E (if you’re not getting enough from the foods you eat)
- Walk, jog, or run every other day.
- Have regular medical check-ups.
- Reduce stress as much as possible.
- Love as much as possible and let go of anger and fear.
- Forgive those who have hurt you, because resentment is toxic.
- Smile often.
- Go see a good movie.
- Laugh out loud. Smiling, relaxing, and laughing all release endorphins that make you feel good.
- Pray every day.