Here is a collection of awesome quotes by Muhammad Ali, one of, if not the greatest boxer to ever live. He is a cultural icon for many and was the heavyweight champion at the early age of 22 years old. Being the first and only three-time world Heavyweight Champion, Muhammad “The Greatest” Ali became the most famous athlete in the world.
15 Champion Quotes By Muhammad Ali
1 – “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’”
- Pain is temporary, and it will soon be replaced by something else; something greater.
2 – ”I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.”
- Believe you can because we must start somewhere, right?
3 – ”I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want.”
- Answer to no one but yourself. You reap the rewards as well as the consequences for your actions.
4 – ”He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.”
- Be the odd man out and do what others cannot.
5 – ”The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
- Keep dreaming, do not allow your first success to get in the way of your 2nd or 3rd.
6 – ”It’s the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.”
- Affirmations are incredibly powerful in helping you get what you want. You must believe as well as put the work in.
7 – ”Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.”
- The strong will allow their defeats to empower them rather than to drain their spirits.
8 – ”Life is a gamble. You can get hurt, but people die in plane crashes, lose their arms and legs in car accidents; people die every day. Same with fighters: some die, some get hurt, some go on. You just don’t let yourself believe it will happen to you.”
- There are so many things that can go wrong in life that it’s pointless to live simply to go on living…
9 – ”It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.”
- Next time you face an obstacle that appears impossible, decipher the problem and you’ll soon be laughing about your worry.
10 – ”I never thought of losing, but now that it’ s happened, the only thing is to do it right. That’s my obligation to all the people who believe in me. We all have to take defeats in life.”
- Defeat is inevitable. When it comes, prepare and adapt because that’s all you can ever do.
11 – ”Age is whatever you think it is. You are as old as you think you are.”
- Success can happen at 12, 21, or 53. You just have to believe you can.
12 – “The man who has no imagination has no wings.”
- Imagination carves the way for dreams to become a reality.
13 – ”It’s lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself.”
- You’ll never know unless you try, right?
14 – ”We have one life; it soon will be past; what we do for God is all that will last.”
- Death is the final road for us all and unfortunately we must go naked.
15 – ”What keeps me going is goals.”
- Find what motivates you to wake up every morning to do the things you do.