Exercise for some people solicits thoughts of a smelly gym class, having some instructor yelling at you like a Marine or walking around sore all day and hungry. There are so many reasons I’ve heard why people just don’t do it. How many excuses have you used to not exercise?
- I don’t have time.
- I hate to have sweat in my hair.
- I don’t want anyone to see how fat I am.
- I can’t afford it.
- People will laugh at me.
- People will think I’m stupid.
- I hate to have sore muscles.
- I hate to run.
- I hate to lift weight.
- I hate to swim.
- I hate to cycle.
- I hate….
- I don’t want to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Exercising is not fun.
- I don’t have anyone to exercise with.
You get the point. There are a ton of excuses.
Then there are the four letter words people use to describe exercise.
- Fudge (you know what word I’m talking about)
What ever excuse you’ve used not to exercise or 4 letter word you’ve expressed as you were exercising, it’s still good for you. Here are a few reasons that you may not have ever heard of why exercise is good.
- Your body produces waste in each cell from the burning of fuel. That waste is toxic. That waste is removed through your lymphatic system as it delivers it to your blood veins where your heart pumps it through your liver and kidneys to be removed from the body. Your lymph system has no way of moving the waste unless you move. Have you ever noticed how a massage therapist strokes your muscles toward your heart? That is the reason. So the next time you think you don’t want to exercise, realize you are choosing to keep toxic waste in your body. Think of exercise as “movement” to rid the body of waste. Walking is all you need to perform in order to remove waste.
- It helps to burn excess fat. Did you know there are one mile of blood vessels in each pound of fat? For every extra 5 pounds of fat you have your heart has to pump blood the equivalent of travel to the moon and back each month. Fat puts a tremendous strain on the heart and this is why obesity leads to high blood pressure.
- Do you know what the 1st symptom of heart disease is and that it shows up about 50% of the time? The answer is death. That’s a symptom you don’t want to have notify you that you have heart disease. Exercise significantly prolongs the life of the heart and reduces the chance of a heart attack or disease.
- If you’re a guy, women love men the “workout.” Ever sit with a bunch of women talking about a guy? They almost always say in a positive way, “And the guy works out!” Chicks love a guy that is in shape.
- If you’re a woman, exercise contributes to happiness just as much as eating chocolate does. The endorphin release alone will make your skin tones better, your energy level rise and you’ll sleep longer and better.
Just do it. Make excuses to exercise. Use this four letter word to describe exercise; LOVE!