There was a terrifying time that I ate pretty much the same things day in and day out. I lived on Diet soda, Panda Express, hot dogs, PBJ sandwiches and orange juice. I’m serious. I rarely had a salad and never drank water. My wife cooked decent meals but even now as I look back, those meals weren’t really that great although it’s what most people eat; meat and potatoes.
I had ballooned in weight, hitting 254 lbs, the heaviest I’d ever been. Then I had a revelation. Below are some food rules that I followed and they will really improve your health if you follow them too. For me, when I finally got it all figured out, I was able to originally release 50 lbs in 2006. And more when I choose to go on a ketogenic diet. Today my mouth waters at the site of vegetables. I’m a spinach-a-holic!
The Miracle Dozen Food Eating Rules
1. Eat 7-8 cups of green leafy vegetables per day. Limit your fruit to one item per day (or none) and avoid the real sugary kind like bananas.
2. Consume healthy fat such as saturated fat found in coconut oil. Avoid the transfat found (polyunsaturated) in plant-based foods.
3. Eat only grass-fed, and hormone and antibiotic free, red meat. Bacon is good and it has the best kind of fat! Hot dogs are not good (except maybe occasionally at a baseball game!
4. Eat wild fish instead of farm fed fish.
5. Always consume a carbohydrate (fruits and vegetables) combined with a protein and healthy fat in every meal or snack. An example would be some carrot sticks (carb) with some almonds or walnuts (protein and fat). Limit the number of carbohydrates to between 50 – 100 grams per day (200 to 400 calories).
6. Avoid anything with a food label on it except Isagenix (I know I’m partial, but you get what I mean, processed food is bad for you). Shop on the perimeter of the grocery store where you’ll find the produce and meat sections. Produce and meat do not have a food label on them. You’ll be avoiding the processed food in boxes, jars, and cans.
7. Do intermittent fasting and work your way to only three meals per day and cutting out the snacks. This will begin to lower your insulin response and better control your blood sugar spikes and valleys. Eventually only eat two meals per day (usually lunch and dinner because most people are not hungry in the morning anyway). Then after you’ve achieved better health and stable blood sugar, one meal a day is the best!
8. During your period of weight loss, I highly recommend no alcoholic beverages; beer, wine, the hard stuff too. Alcohol turns into pure sugar in the body once it is consumed (read #11 below) and will stop weight loss in its tracks because it spikes insulin. After you achieve your weight and fitness goal, you may then return to consumption in moderation.
9. Drink filtered water to your thirst. Be aware of your thirst, for example, don’t let your lips get dry. Carry a bottle of water with you where ever you go and drink when you are thirsty.
10. A great goal to consider would be to eat to promote a state of ketosis, where you’ve limited carbs to less than 50g per day helping your body control insulin and achieve major fat burning as it’s primary fuel source and producing ketones to feed your brain. Ketosis is the easy way to lose weight because you only eat when you are hungry and it tastes great to eat fat most of the time! (Download my complete Ketogenic Lifestyle Guide).
11. Never eat processed sugar, ever!!! It’s proven that one teaspoon of processed sugar can set your healthy fat burning back as much as three weeks!
12. Never eat anything that is white (pasta, bread and bananas) except an egg, cauliflower or an Isalean vanilla shake.
Bonus Rules (because you rock and deserve to know!)
Daily consume micronutrients, including minerals and vitamins, found in supplements.
Drink between 1 – 2 tbls of Organic Apple Cider vinegar per day.
Pace your protein consumption throughout the day.
- Article: Why Protein Pacing Works for Fat Loss
- Article: Older Adults Who Evenly Distribute Protein Intake Have Increased Muscle Strength
- Article: Protein: What You Need to Know
The most predictable way to achieve results is with a Low-Carb, High-Fat Ketogenic Diet
Why I’ve Chosen Isagenix for Me, My Family & Friends and Over 14,000 of My Customers
I’ve had the best results using the Isagenix complete meal replacement and healthy food systems. It was very important to me to only put the best nutrients in my body. I’ve fully tested Isagenix since 2006. It has helped me produce 15 Ironman Triathlon finished all past the age of 50.
Isagenix doesn’t just talk the talk. They walk the walk. They had independent sources thoroughly test their products. Click this link to read all their independent reviewed reports.